It is common for new traders to profit in their practice account yet lose in their live account. This is because trading live means risking hard-earned money. Emotions kick in when real money is on the line. New traders can suddenly fear they will lose their money and the things they were doing right in their practice account get thrown out the window.
New traders may:
- exit a trade too fast
- take profit too soon
- take profit too late (greedy for more)
- shift their stop loss (resulting in heavier losses)
- enter more trades than they should, either due to revenge (after losing trades) or due to euphoria (after winning trades)
- risk more money than they should
- double down into a losing trade
- make many other mistakes based on emotions
I suggest you return to a practice account and continue practising Learning to trade is a skill. Do not rush it and take your time. Fine-tune your trading style. Focus on the trading, not the money. When you can consistently trade right, the money will eventually come around.
To your success as a profitable trader,